The 1st Saturday of each month. Cost $130 per student. Workshops run from 9am til 4pm and are held subject to numbers (minimum of 5 students required), a deposit of $50 is required to confirm your attendance.
Materials list will be provided once deposit is paid and students are offered a 10% discount from Eckersleys Art and Craft. Morning and afternoon tea provided BYO lunch : Fridge and microwave available.
- Workshop 1 Saturday 6th February
- 'An introduction to relief printmaking : Lino Printing' You will take home the knowledge and confidence in how to achieve lino cut printmaking successfully and your own custom made Lino Block including editioned series of prints. All materials supplied.
- Workshop 2 Saturday 6th March
- 'Advanced Lino Techniques' Bring your pre carved blocks and be introduced to Blind embossing, a blend roll and monoprinted backgrounds. You will take home a beautiful selection of your own prints to frame or give as gifts.
- Workshop 3 Saturday 3rd April
- 'An Introduction to Intaglio Printing : Drypoint' Within this workshop you will be shown how to use an etching press and techniques such as a “Bloom” A La Poupee and monoprinted backgrounds.
- Workshop 4 Saturday 1st May
- ‘Chin Colle’ Bring your lino Blocks and or drypoint plates and be taught the ancient art of chin colle to create interesting backdrops of your prints.
- Workshop 5 Saturday 29th May and Saturday 5th June
- ‘Collagraph Printmaking’ The collagraph is essentially an experimental form of printmaking involving glueing textures to the surface of a plate. The workshop will run over 2 weeks. The first week we will produce several collagraph plates and the second week a printing bonanza.
- Workshop 6 Saturday 3rd July
- ‘Fabric Blockprinting Workshop’ A hands on workshop where you will enjoy creating designs using traditional block printing techniques. You will create your own block, carve and print 2 linen tea towels and a tote bag.
- Workshop 7 Saturday 7th August
- ‘Pochoir’ Australian Botanicals inspired by Margaret Preston using stencil technique “POCHOIR”
- Workshop 8 Saturday 4th September
- ‘Gyotaku Printing’ A traditional method of Japanese fish printing dating back from the mid 1800’s.
- Workshop 9 Saturday 2nd October
- ‘Antique Wood Block Printing on Fabric’ India has been renowned for its printed and dyed cloth since the 12th century using hand carved Indian wood blocks. Lindy has an exclusive collection of Antique Blocks which will be available to use. You will take home a set of prayer Flags, and apron and linen tea towel.
- Workshop 10 Saturday 6th November
- ‘Create Your Own’ In this workshop you will create your own Christmas cards, wrapping paper, swing tags, gift bags and even bon bons using lino cuts.
- Workshop 11 Saturday 4th December
- ‘Succulents and Hand Painted Terracotta Pots’ Have a fun filled day painting terracotta pots inspired by designs from panama and ancient Ecuador. You will take home two beautifully hand painted pots with potted succulents to display in your garden at home.
Lindy Chandler studied at the State Collage of Victoria and has a Batchelor of Education in Secondary Art and Craft majoring in textile and Printmaking. Her experience in the Arts is extensive. She was Artist in Residence for the Gold Coast Hospital for 10 years, Freelance Illustrating, Gallery Assistant at Schubert’s Contemporary Gallery and a representative for National Art Materials Companies.
She continues to work on her own art practice. Lindy has had numerous group and solo exhibitions and is published in many journals, both nationally and internationally. Her work can be found in private and public collections.